Join the team!
Ermetic is growing and we’re looking for dextrous developers, energetic engineers, savvy salespeople, adept analysts and more to join our dynamic team of cybersec champions. Are you a self-starter who loves a challenge? Do you think out of the box? We want to hear from you…
Senior Security Researcher
Ermetic’s mission & Culture
Ermetic is a dynamic, fast-growing startup with $100M in funding in just under two years, and our 2021 business results will knock your socks off! We grew revenues by 800%, increased our customer base by 6X and quadrupled our headcount. We are unstoppable.
Our product helps companies answer the number one question in cloud security today: “Who can access my data?” With Ermetic, organizations can now secure their cloud environment and protect their data and their customer’s data to make sure they are safe from malicious attacks.
At Ermetic, we’re constantly challenging ourselves to climb higher, go further and do more. We believe that a company is built by its people. We strongly believe that every person is a leader of her / his domain – so if you thrive in an ecosystem where you can influence, where you work as part of an amazing global team, enjoy brainstorming and executing, love to see how your work contributes directly to the company’s success and you see the value in a true partnerships – this is the place for you!
Ermetic is seeking a motivated security researcher to join our talented team of folks who live and breathe cloud security. The job includes researching new and novel attack techniques, hunting through the hybrid multi-cloud attack surface (e.g. host-based (VM), network-based, management layer, API). This person will be responsible for researching the cloud’s different assets, roles, relations, and configurations with a focus on finding new vulnerabilities and gaining a deep understanding of its possible impact. The person will then share the findings with the security community by producing and publishing blog posts and security papers, and presenting at global cyber security conferences.
The public cloud is an exciting place for security researchers right now – with many attack surfaces, the problem space is constantly evolving and the impact factor of security issues is massive. The Security Researcher will play a key role in designing and planning an enterprise multi-cloud native security solution. If you’re a curious, creative, technical person with strong systemic thinking and a passion for taking things apart and understanding how they work, we encourage you to apply.
- Investigate and analyze the multi-cloud stack to find vulnerabilities, security holes, weaknesses, and design flaws
- Conduct technical research on public cloud platforms to yield new insights, theories, analyses, data, algorithms, and prototypes to solve important problems in product development and engineering
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams to develop new detection algorithms and validate their effectiveness
- Follow emerging security threats, write blog articles and publications
- 6+ years of security research/vulnerability research experience or equivalent military background
- Practical knowledge of operating systems Windows, Linux, or macOS
- Solid programming skills in at least one language (C, C++, Python, GO, Rust)
- Offensive security experience
- Ability to run in-depth investigations and share its findings and possible solutions
- Highly motivated, great self-learner, responsible and independent
- Experience in developing, extending, or modifying exploits, shellcode, or exploit tools
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent military background
- Knowledge of cloud environment architecture (AWS, AZURE, GCP)
- Hypervisor internals
- Experience with Kubernetes and container technology
- Experience with data/security analysis
- Web exploitation experience
Ermetic is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations. By fostering a diverse business environment, Ermetic welcomes opportunities to learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
Send us your contact information and CV:
Your application has been sent!