Cloud Security for
The public cloud is changing the face of the enterprise. IAM practitioners are tasked with implementing and maintaining least-privilege access in cloud environments – and finding it highly complex, to say the least.
Find out how Tenable Cloud Security can help you govern human and machine identities with full multi-cloud visibility into access risks as well as enforce least privilege via automated right-sized policies and Just-in-Time (JIT) access.
Your Permissions = Your Cloud’s Attack Surface
One of the most underestimated risks to cloud infrastructure — and the hardest to find and fix — is misconfigured identities. Permissions define your cloud’s attack surface – and your environment’s blast radius in case of a breach. According to Gartner, through 2023, 99% of security failures will be the customer’s fault – with 75% of those failures due to inadequate management of identities, access and privileges.
Protecting your public cloud environment requires a holistic approach that includes:
- Multicloud Asset Management – Manage & control all cloud identities and resources in one unified platform. Investigate permissions, configurations and relationships to understand all cloud risks
- Secure Cloud Identities & Entitlements – Govern human and machine identities with full multicloud visibility into access risks – including overprivileged and unused entitlements, toxic combinations and privilege escalation.
- Threat Detection & Investigation – Automate threat detection with continuous behavioral analysis and anomaly detection based on built-in and custom policies. Accelerate investigation and remediation with enriched data sources and intuitive query tools.
- Guided & Automatic Remediation – Mitigate faulty configurations, policy violations and risky and excessive privileges directly with wizards or through optimized, auto-generated policies and IaC snippets integrated within cloud-native workflows
Guy Reiner, Co-founder and VP of R&D, Aidoc
Ermetic [now Tenable Cloud Security] goes beyond permissions visibility to reveal IAM risk context that informs our busy devops team, facilitating their efforts in mitigating risk and minimizing disruption.
The Path to Zero Trust Identity
and Access Management
Achieving zero trust and least privilege starts with obtaining a full and accurate picture of all entitlements. By continuously discovering and analyzing the relationships of all entities and policies in your environment, proactively close the gap between desired enterprise policies and actual entitlements and put your organization ahead of the threat risk curve.
Such automated analysis of entitlements enables IAM professionals to identify, assess and right-size overly permissive identities such as of privileged third parties and users federated from external identity providers (e.g., Okta and Azure AD). Tenable Cloud Security’s continuous analytics-based behavior monitoring of identities prevents entitlements abuse and unauthorized changes to infrastructure configurations by:
- Ingesting single sign-on (SSO) data from multiple IdPs for an effective permissions visualization mapping to risk-prioritize effective permissions across multi-cloud environments.
- Identifying and prioritizing at-risk identities and excessive permissions to reveal toxic combinations and hidden dangers at scale.
- Visualizing the resources and services every identity can access, and how it can be granted or denied permissions.
Secure Your Public Cloud with Just-in-Time (JIT) Access
Your engineering teams occasionally need direct, highly privileged access to your sensitive cloud environments for specific activities, such as debugging or manual deployment of a service. Such all-encompassing entitlements can introduce significant risk if not revoked when no longer needed. The Tenable Cloud Security JIT portal allows developers to get speedy approval for as-needed access, minimizing the cloud attack surface and avoiding the risk of unrevoked long-standing privileges.
Leverage Tenable JIT to:
- Minimize exposure to identity compromise by granting access for the exact period of time needed for users to complete the task
- Enable developers to make quick requests, notify approvers and gain temporary access, saving engineering teams time
- Enforce zero trust by reducing long-standing privileges, which minimizes your cloud’s attack surface
- Monitor user activity during elevated sessions and generate reports for all JIT access requests and authorizations
Govern Access and Enforce
Security and privacy standards (e.g., CIS, SOC2, HIPAA) require an organization to have cloud security capabilities in place for governing access policy and enforcing least privilege. Such access controls allow for continuous auditing and automated reporting of how privileged cloud identities are being used. They enable IAM stakeholders to answer basic questions regarding “How many resources are exposed? How many entitlements are excessive? Or advanced questions, such as, “Which identity (human or service) has access to an S3 bucket?
Tenable’s holistic Cloud Native Application Protection Platform (CNAPP) includes access governance capabilities that help your organization address compliance by adhering to the strictest regulatory standards all while identifying unusual behavior that may indicate misuse or a breach.
Automate Incident Response to Finding the Signal in the Noise
Tenable Cloud Security enables and simplifies in-depth investigation by monitoring and reporting on suspicious or unusual activity across AWS, Azure and GCP. By creating a behavioral baseline for every identity, including analyzing all log trails and access behavior, the platform detects and turns anomalous findings into contextualized, risk-prioritized alerts that your teams can immediately operate on.
- Simplify Incident Response and Investigation: Capture, analyze and continuously monitor risk across access, entitlements and infrastructure configuration to alert and automate response on activity deviating from your unique baselines.
- Uncover and Respond to Threats: Context-rich alerts, visualizations and out-of-the-box workflow integrations provide the information and tools – including ticketing and built-in wizards – to help you respond rapidly.
Full Cloud-Native Security across the Lifecycle
Tenable Cloud Security offers robust identity and entitlement management as part of its comprehensive CNAPP for AWS, Azure and GCP. The platform provides continuous discovery across identities, infrastructure, workloads and data, visualizing, prioritizing and remediating cloud security and compliance risks from development to deployment. Tenable integrates into CI/CD pipelines for complete shift left security, and democratizes and accelerates organizational security efforts.
Tenable Cloud Security for IAM Professionals
Get Deep, Multicloud VisibilityLearn More
Manage all identities and resources in one platform. Investigate permissions, configurations and relationships
Understand the Attack SurfaceLearn More
Assess & prioritize risk across human and service identities, network configuration, data and compute resources
Automate RemediationLearn More
Mitigate risky privileges and faulty configurations through integration with ticketing, CI/CD pipelines, and IaC
Enforce Policies and Shift LeftLearn More
Define and enforce automated guardrails for access permissions and resource configuration, from dev to production.
Detect AnomaliesLearn More
Detect suspicious behavior and configuration changes with continuous behavioral analysis and alerts
Comply with StandardsLearn More
Audit inventory and ensure compliance with CIS, GDPR, SOC2, NIST, PCI DSS, HIPAA, ISO and more
Hear from Our Customers
More Identity and Access Management Resources for IAM Professionals
Keep Your IAM Users Close, Keep Your Third Parties Even Closer
An in-depth review on third-party access configuration and control with IAM permissions
[On-Demand] ISACA Webinar: Tame that Overprivileged Cloud
Learn from Ermetic’s CBO about best practices for mitigating access risks in AWS and Azure.