Cloud Security and Compliance for Government
Federal, state, local governments and agencies using the public cloud need to keep up with rigorous demands to address that environment’s security risks. They must take innovative measures to prevent breaches, detect issues rapidly and protect personal information – and regularly report that they have.
Complex cloud environments like AWS, Azure and Google Cloud pose new challenges. Learn how the Tenable Cloud Security multi-cloud platform can help you efficiently protect your sensitive data and cloud-based applications, and stay compliant.
Scale Security and Curb Cloud Risk
Tenable Cloud Security continuously monitors and analyzes your multi-cloud environment, evaluating risk factors across workloads, human and service identities, vulnerabilities, network and data resources, and cloud configurations, throughout the application lifecycle. It reveals and prioritizes security gaps including hard to spot threats like risky privileges, malware and exposed secrets.
Tenable automates risk detection, prioritization and mitigation, leveraging:
- A deep, searchable inventory of all assets including human and service identities, compute and data resources, entitlements and configurations in your multi-cloud environment
- Contextual analysis that pinpoints toxic scenarios posing the highest risk
- Detailed visualizations and automated workflows that provide the information and remediation tools necessary to respond rapidly
Tenable FedRAMP® Authorization
to Operation (ATO) is Initiated
Tenable has initiated the process to achieve Authority to Operate (ATO) status under the U.S. Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP®). The U.S. FedRAMP program promotes secure cloud services adoption across the federal government through a standardized approach to security assessment, authorization and continuous monitoring for cloud service offerings.
In addition, Tenable Cloud Security supports AWS GovCloud (US) and Azure for US Government. Both environments are designed to address specific regulatory and compliance requirements of US federal, state and local government agencies that run sensitive workloads in the cloud.
Shai Morag, CEO, Ermetic
Ermetic [now Tenable Cloud Security] is embarking on the FedRAMP process to provide every level of government with a comprehensive solution for cloud native application protection.
Least Privilege for Your
Zero Trust Strategy
Ensuring least privilege access for identities is a key pillar of a zero trust strategy. The pathway to least privilege starts with a correlated picture of all entities and policies in your cloud environment.
Tenable Cloud Security helps you implement identity-centric security for users and services with a deep view into access entitlements and least privilege policies sent via ticketing, CI/CD, CloudFormation and Terraform. Boost your zero trust efforts with:
- Automated guardrails for identities, resources and network configuration
- Workflow integrations with customizable policy templates
- Just-in-time access for developers and DevOps
Full Cloud-Native Security across the Lifecycle
Tenable Cloud Security integrates key cloud security tools in one solution, in a comprehensive cloud-native application protection platform (CNAPP) for AWS, Azure and GCP. The platform provides continuous discovery across identities, infrastructure, workloads and data, unifying visibility and providing context that prioritizes risk accurately and specifies remediation precisely – helping teams understand quickly and fix what matters most from development to deployment. Tenable integrates in CI/CD pipelines for complete shift left security, and democratizes and accelerates security collaboration and risk response.
Roman Borodyansky, V.P. Corporate Cloud Services, Tyler Technologies
We use Ermetic [now Tenable Cloud Security] to provide secure commercial and government cloud services in AWS GovCloud – [and] have saved 100s to 1,000s of hours in managing permission sets.
Holistic, Integrated Platform for Cloud Challenges
Tenable Cloud Security’s integrated capabilities let you tackle security and compliance challenges efficiently:
- Cloud and Kubernetes security posture (CSPM, KSPM) – Understand how your environment is configured, and prioritize and remediate security and compliance issues
- Agentless workload protection (CWP) – Scan and visualize vulnerabilities and other risks across VMs, containers and serverless functions, and prioritize remediation
- Industry leading entitlement management (CIEM) – Gain deep visibility into access risk and enforce least privilege with right sized policies and Just in Time access
- IaC security – Scan, detect and remediate your infrastructure as code, and harden the environment as part of the CI/CD pipeline
- Cloud detection and response (CDR) – Identify unusual activity and accelerate investigation through enriched logs and integration with SIEM and ticketing
Compliance Audit and Reporting
Tenable Cloud Security conducts a continuous audit of regulatory standards across the asset inventory as well as data, compute and network configurations. Meet compliance needs by monitoring the full stack for dozens of standards, best practices and custom frameworks.
- Continuously audit key regulations & benchmarks including ISO 27001, NIST, PCI DSS, HIPAA, GDPR, SOC2 and CIS (including for Kubernetes)
- Generate detailed and customizable audit reports
Tenable Cloud Security for Government
Get Deep, Multicloud VisibilityLearn More
Manage all identities and resources in one platform. Investigate permissions, configurations and relationships
Understand the Attack SurfaceLearn More
Assess & prioritize risk across human and service identities, network configuration, data and compute resources
Automate RemediationLearn More
Mitigate risky privileges and faulty configurations through integration with ticketing, CI/CD pipelines, and IaC
Enforce Policies and Shift LeftLearn More
Define and enforce automated guardrails for access permissions and resource configuration, from dev to production.
Detect AnomaliesLearn More
Detect suspicious behavior and configuration changes with continuous behavioral analysis and alerts
Comply with StandardsLearn More
Audit inventory and ensure compliance with CIS, GDPR, SOC2, NIST, PCI DSS, HIPAA, ISO and more
Holistic Security for AWS, Azure and GCP
To secure your cloud, you must reduce your attack surface and drive least privilege. This requires deep insight into who…
Least Privilege Policy: Automated Analysis Trumps Native AWS Tools
AWS methods for granting & controlling access, plus native tools for detecting & repairing excessive permissions.
Securing Your Cloud with Zero Trust and Least Privilege
Zero trust could be the solution for your modern security perils. Read on to discover what zero trust and least…